Now Google is warning wordpress site owners
Have a websites that still uses the older version of WordPress? Well, it is time to update the WordPress site to secure your site from hackers.
The Google Webmaster team has been quite busy sending notification to the owners of websites who are still using an older version of WordPress, as per the reports given by State of Search many users and owners of WordPress sites who still are functioning their sites on previous WordPress versions have been getting warnings from the team specifying the same and should be taken care of at the earliest.
WordPress declares that throughout the entire globe they have over 47 million deployments, they also accept that the older WordPress versions possibly are susceptible to permit the hackers inject malevolent files into any site which is least expected to contain any malware.
When asked for confirmation, Matt Cutts who works for Search Quality Group in Google has promptly tweeted that Google freshly has started to enlighten the webmasters about the insecurities in the previous WordPress version. It looks like this is what Google has actually proposed to do two years ago, but they have never really got this process into action.
Certain webmasters consider it a good move by Google forcing them to update WordPress which also specifies that the quality websites which use WordPress but have not yet updated are vulnerable to attacks from hackers posing a threat for spam in SERPs.
Are you thinking how Google has known about the WordPress version you are using for your website? It is quite simple you have carefully observed the code any time which gives the version of WordPress clearly.
Simple procedure has to be followed to improvise the existing WordPress, the first thing would be to immobilize the existing plug-ins, take back up of the site and click on the upgrade link directly. If you do not know whether the version using now is updated or not , the users will get a message on the top of screen in yellow box along with the updates available after the website owners have logged into their WordPress for the site
Along with the WordPress it is also essential to update the plug-ins which are equally prominent since they are the main reason to amplify the website functionality which are also regularly updated by the open source community.
Posted on June 17, 2011 by Spandana
A recent Survey has stated that nearly 75% of the promoters have been using social media in order to find more leads and close more deals which is only being possible with the use of social networks. Further it also has been said that there is a huge increase in quality of time that is being spent on social media marketing also several business partnerships have been said to strengthen through various social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.,
It has become quite common these days for the business owners to use various types of social media for lead generation, who also have been considering them to be fast and trustable ways to gather information about the customers interested in their business. Facebook Marketing and Twitter marketing seem to have been making it big recently attracting larger firms to find the customers for their business development.
Anyone using Facebook will find it easy to come across methods that will increase the revenues which is generally done through the process where certain company has a fan page with couple of tabs that have been set up by default.
- Post an ad with all the necessary details about the products available
- Each product accompanied by “like” button that comes installed
This is all about promoting your business over Facebook, but are there any other techniques which will assist you in attracting 500 million active users on the social media to promote your firm over Facebook?
Yes, there are 4 significant tactics that have been in existence from awhile but are new to any individual or company which is ignorant of their presence or their method of usage. It is not entirely like everyone is unaware of these strategies but this is only to play our part in providing knowledge to people about the tactics that can or should be useful for the company promotion.
Below given are the techniques unknown to you until now which you will once you are done reading this:
1) Get Facebook Insights for your company website
Did you know that you could actually get the Facebook Insights which you might have normally noticed on your fan pages directly to your website?
It is one of the best methods to obtain data that is shared by people from your website, also the likes given to your products or pages by people and several other delights.
Its quite easy to setup these insights from facebook to your website.
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/insights/
- On the upper right hand corner click on the green “Insights for your Website” button which will cause a box to pop up
- You simply have to enter the meta tag inside <head> tag of the site.
After finishing this, go back to the insights page which will give a different view not entirely restricted to the fan page, it also has several other views Facebook provides related to the information about your website like demographics of the number of people who have liked your page or clicked on the website etc.,
2) Facebook Comments
There might be people who actually wonder about the actual worth of these Facebook comments, well the facts actually are:
- There are larger number of people out there who actually are attentive to your comments and read them.
- Redirecting comments: Though the comments are replied to in Facebook they will also show up in your website adding them to your official or technical website giving credit to your site.
- Spam Cutoff: Facebook actually has information about the person commenting on your account, so there will be cut off in the spam since the individual needs to be logged in Facebook to be capable of commenting so there will be no possibility that an anonymous person could do so.
- Genuine persons who do not have an account can also be given various other means to provide their piece of information by directly commenting on the official website.
- Facebook facilitates the individuals to easily modify the comments that can either include edit, ban or subscribing themselves to the feed.
3) Local Business Listing
- Facebook at times has listings of certain local business owners which might be annoying until and unless the actual worth is known, these existing pages can be an added advantage to you.
- They will help in increasing your brand name rankings, these preexisting pages can actually assist you in taking over the Search Engine results page for your firm name.
- The only draw back with these listings is that any person will be able to modify the data hence it is suggested to check the page often.
- Facebook is trying to update information on these pages by providing pop ups for people to edit where there is again a possibility for wrong information to be entered.
It is plug-in that displays photos of people who have liked your website especially your friends and will work only when you are logged into Facebook. Further this can be added to conversion pages which can influence individuals to sign up or purchase anything after they see their friends faces smiling up who have been using these products or website.
Now that the strategies are put forward it is entirely your call to decide how best they can be used to give effective results.
Share your thoughts, post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.